Music Together Outdoors
Outdoor Classes in the Winter in MN!?
Here’s how they will work:
- · You bring a blanket or something to sit on, snow pants, hats, mittens, etc. and we bring the music.
- · We STRONGLY encourage everyone, vaccinated or not, to wear a mask when within 6 feet of those who are not in the same household (when coming and going to class, picking up instruments, setting up your blanket etc).
- · During class, children and adults will be asked to maintain a 6-foot distance between themselves and other participants who are not in the same family or other cohort. This could be challenging as children naturally tend to be social and it was not the norm in the past during our classes. However, we will be asking every family to be responsible to keep the appropriate distance with their children.
- · Your Music Together teacher will be teaching from a greater distance in relationship to the participants. Should they move to be within your family circle, they will be wearing a mask.
- · Being that this is winter in Minnesota and temperatures will not allow for some typical instruments to be used in class, we will be getting creative and using some substitutions and modifications as needed. We will let you know ahead of time if there is something specific we are planning for a particular week (sleds, pots and pans etc).
- · Bathrooms may be available for these classes for you to use at your discretion.
- · Outside classes are held on a weather-permitting basis. In cases of inclement weather (excessive cold, rain, snow, etc.), class will be held via Zoom. We will follow the local public school decisions when cancelling class due to weather. The online option for outdoor classes is ultimately at the discretion of the teacher based on weather, registered families, and other factors for each class. Teacher may choose to move to a modified location, i.e. car round-up in a parking lot or other semi-sheltered area as warranted.
- · Families who miss individual classes can make them up using our online class scheduler. There will be no refunds or credits offered for missed classes.
With Music Together Outdoors**, you will receive:
- ·10- weeks of music class for 45 minutes each in a beautiful outdoor setting
- · The Drum collection songbook, CD and download code. New music and access to Music Together’s Family Music Zone.
- · Loads of music making activity ideas to do at home
- · Unlimited online classes scheduled with ease through our online make-up scheduler.
**In the case that the county moves to a stricter lock-down status, outdoor classes will meet on zoom with no refunds given.
What is tuition?
The tuition for our winter outdoor Drum Collection is $189 for the first child, $98 for the second (additional siblings are free).
Register for your favorite class today! We will continue to limit the size of classes to keep them smaller and safer so classes are filling quickly. Once you are registered, we will get your materials to you as quickly as possible so you can begin using them at home right away.
Try turning your phone sideways for more detail...
Tuition for all Music Together classes includes family materials to use at home (e.g., recordings of our award-winning music, illustrated songbook, parent education resources). See individual class type pages for details.